Terri's Images

Terri had her images done last year for her husband to be. She has recently returned from her destination wedding & honeymoon. Congratulations!

Terri suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis but did not let that stop her. Even though she has experienced weight gain due to medications and limited mobility due to her serious illness Terri wants women to know that "you can do anything you want even when there are obstacles in your everyday life". She also told us it was the best thing she could have done to boost her self esteem.

Terri - thanks for allowing us to share your images and your story - you are an inspiration!



What made you want to have images done?

In the fall of 2005 I had foot surgery due to my RA. I was in a wheelchair for 5 1/2 months and part of my recovery was that I wasn't allowed to bear any weight on my foot until it had completely fused itself. It took me the rest of 2006 to regain my mobility and to lose the weight I had put on over the past 6 months .

After going through this it made me realize that I need to enjoy everyday that I can and be happy with what I can do and not focus on what I can't do.

Seeing other women's pictures on Erica's site inspired me to "step out of my box" and do something I would have never done, and posing in my panties and bra was definitely new to me!!



How did you prepare for the session?
I went shopping with my wonderful sister in law who has a passion for fashion and she brought me into the loop on lingerie shopping. I tried on outfits that were out of my comfort zone and settled on ones that made me feel good but were out of my "safe zone". I also watched what I ate leading up to the big day, drank lots of water, got plenty of rest, tweezed, waxed and all that other fun stuff that we do to look good.

Who are the images for?
The images were for my other half as a wedding gift to him. We had been together for 14 years and after making it through my surgery year with our relationship still intact we decided to finally get married!

Have you given them the images yet, what he they think?
I was so excited when Erica sent me a few teasers that I showed one to him and he actually said "Who the heck is this?" I had to tell him that yes it really was me and all he could say was "WOW" , you will be the new Sunshine Girl in my toolbox at work!

How did you or will you present the images to him?
I purchased a few prints for his Christmas gift, then a calendar for his birthday and then I let him chose his favorites to go in an album as his wedding gift.

What did you think of the experience of having the images done?
Having these boudoir pictures done was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I was so nervous but Erica was so calm and easy going that she made me feel like I wasn't posing in my undies in front of a complete stranger!

Having RA has made me self conscious of my body as the meds I take have made me gain quite a bit of weight over the years. I also have joints that have been fused by surgery or have fused themselves so my mobility level is limited. Looking at me you wouldn't know that I have this disease as I have a rarer form that attacks and destroys the larger joints in my body.
Erica worked with what I could do and I am amazed at the results we achieved.



How do you feel about your images?
"Super Star" are the exact words I used when I sent a few of the photos to my sister, sister inlaw and my best friend. They died laughing at the title but that is how seeing them made me feel! I was a little apprehensive about doing them as everyone on Erica's site seemed to be in their 20's and here I am pushing forty and living with a disease that is slowly stealing my mobility from me. Looking at my images makes me feel that I can do anything! Keeping positive and having a good support system around you makes a world of difference and saying "What do I have to lose" more often has made me a better person since posing in my undies!

Any other info or interesting story about your experience?
If you are thinking about having your boudoirs done sign up before you can change your mind! If you are on the fence get off and just do it! Having these pictures done changed me and made me see myself in a whole new light-we are all beautiful no matter what obstacles we face on a daily basis. Love yourself for who you are and be proud of what you can achieve.




"Every woman needs to know no matter what challenges you face if you have a positive attitude you can do anything!" - Terri

6 Comments:

At June 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure her husband loved the photos! She looks wonderful and natural!

 
At June 18, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are awesome images and a great story. I shot Terri's wedding and she could not stop talking about how awesome her experience was shooting these boudoir photos and how great it was for her self image. Very nice work and nice to know you had such an impact on Terri.

Cliff Spicer

 
At June 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are amazing images and a great story. I shot Terri's wedding and she could not stop talking about how awesome her experience was shooting these boudoir photos and how great it was for her self image. Very nice work and nice to know you had such an impact on Terri.

Cliff Spicer

 
At June 19, 2008 at 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superstar is not the word I would use for my sister. She has been an inspiration for me since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. When ever I feel down and out she has been my rock. The word I would use is Super Woman. These pictures are amazing, when she first sent me copies I said OMG I did not even recognize her. Thanks for making my little sister feel special.
Love ya sisser.
Tracy Lloyd

 
At June 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terri looks so hot and no one would know by her pics that she is pushing 40 Terri You look great!!!

 
At July 10, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superstar!
Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home